03 June 2012

Review: Secrets


Title: Secrets
Author: Lauren Kunze & Rina Onur
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date: June 1, 2011
Format: Hardcover/ ARC
Source: Alexa/ Purchased
Rating: Borrow 

Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.
You're a student at the most prestigious university in the country, and you've been tapped for the most elite social club. You've made it
Now Don't Blow It
Callie Andrews triumphed during her first semester at Harvard: she made incomparable friends, found the perfect boyfriend, and received invitations to the most exclusive secret societies. But she may have ruined every-thing with one ill-fated night. Now she's keeping secrets from everyone, including--Clint the upperclassman who's too good to be true, Vanessa the best friend turned backstabber, Gregory the guy who's a total(ly hot) mistake, and Lexi the social queen who wants to bring Callie down.
But Callie didn't get into Harvard by giving up, and she isn't about to now. Besides, she's not the only one with something to hide. . . .

*My Review* 

I read The Ivy awhile back. So starting the second book I was a little confused to what was going on. Eventually things started coming back to me and I remembered (most) of what happened in The Ivy. I think this book was so cruel! If it where a guy it would be a big tease. :P I was getting so frustrated reading this book. I remember while i was riding home I got so mad I started to shake the book. Now my siblings think I'm crazy! ;)

I do not recommend reading this book if you do not like drama! This book is filled with drama. Every page you turn something new is going on. Being in high school I'm used to all the crap. I could also guess what was going to happen next. Reading this has made me realize that college might not be so different from high school; only people are drinking ALOT. 

I do love some of the characters. Callie is someone I feel for, but I think she did make some dumb choices. While other characters I just can not stand. Prime example: Lexi. Gregory... oh Greg. He is what keeps drawing me back to this series. Him and his handsome self. 

This series has made me rethink going away to a big college. When I was younger Harvard or Yale was all I dreamed about, but now if all you get are petty people out to get you then no thanks! I'll go to my local college. :P

I will admit that these books keep you on the edge of your seat. Also the romance is pretty awesome. But the drama. It was just too much!

2 comments:

  1. The Ivy? I must check it out. I think I've seen it at my local library. It seems good enough, like a lot of books are set in high school. None in college, this should be a change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking on buying this series. Thanks for the honest review :D
    Like your very cute blog, new follower here :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love to hear from you. If you leave your blog link I will check it out! :)

Welcome to my blog!

Randy's Reads is mainly a YA book review blog. We also feature weekly memes, guest post, interviews, giveaways, and more. Look around, check out our giveaways, or read some reviews. Enjoy!

Recent Reviews


Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt




When I read Dystopian books, I either love them or hate them. Most of the time I just can not connect with the characters, and sometimes it's the setting. But with Revealing Eden I was completely captivated with the world Victoria created.

Steel by Carrie Vaughn




Time travel and pirates. These are two words that I love to hear! I have always love time travel, and pirates have always interested me. So finding this book was like finding a buried treasure! ( why yes, that was super cheesy, but I couldn't resist!) In fact a book I am writing now has to do with time travel. :D hehe!

The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Witaker




The Queen of Kentucky is a book that I, as a Kentucky native myself, could relate to. Being able to relate to the characters and the surroundings really made me enjoy this book. The Queen of Kentucky is one of those books that has such a great message.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi




As soon as I got this book I tore into it! I could not wait to read it! And once I started Under the Never Sky it never let my hand. :) This is by far one of my favorite dystopian novels that I have read this year! Veronica really surprised me with her debut! Think of Under the Never Sky as awesome as Angelfire, and if you know me at all then you know that this novel blew my socks off! it!

Authors, Publishers, and Agents!

I would love to review your work, hold contests, and/or interview you! Please refer to my Review Policy, before contacting me (Just to learn more). You can email me at:
horselovercutie@yahoo.com

Don't be afraid to contact me. I would love to hear from you!

Followers

Grab My Button!

My{reads}da

Follow Me!

Currently Reading


goodreads.com

The Talisman Street Team

The Sapphire Talisman

Books I Have To Review

Visitors Since July 6, 2011

Review Disclaimer

All reviews posted on 'Randy's Reads' are the truth on how I feel about the book. Receiving books from outside sources has no effect on my review.