25 January 2012

Review: The International Kissing Club

Title: The International Kissing Club
Author: Ivy Adams
Publisher: Walker & Company
Release Date: January 3, 2011
Format: ARC
Source: From Publisher
Rating: Borrow 

 

Piper, Cassidy, Mei, and Izzy have been best friends their whole lives. And they've always agreed on one goal: to get out of tiny Paris, Texas, and see the world. The school's foreign exchange program seems like the perfect escape: Piper will go to the original Paris; Mei will go to China; Cassidy will go to Australia; and Izzy, unable to afford the program, will stay at home. To add spice to their semester away, and to stay connected to their best friends, the girls start The International Kissing Club, a Facebook page where they can anonymously update one another and brag about all the amazing guys they're meeting. After all, these girls are traveling abroad: amazing guys abound at every turn! But sometimes fun, flirty vacation flings turn into more serious romances, and sometimes you don't return from abroad the same person you were. Will the girls' relationships-and their friendships-be able to survive?
My Review
The International Kissing Club, also known as TIKC, was a cute read. This novel has so many great messages and lessons all wrapped up in a pretty purple cover, which is my favorite color! :D TIKC went much deeper and developed more than I thought it would. This really surprised me!

Starting out I really could not get in to this novel. I have no idea why, maybe t was me, maybe it was the book. Who knows! I struggled through the first few chapters, wondering if I should just set the book aside. I am happy I didn't! As the novel goes on you get into more interesting and uhmm shall I say educational on a few levels. When you read on you really become attached to the girls. I often found me putting myself in one of there shoes, seeing how I would handle what they were going through.

One thing that bothered me was how willingly they were to put all of that stuff online. I know I am going to sound like some lame parent pr teacher, but what you put online is never private! If someone really wanted to get.. say revenge on the girls the could have found out who was posting on their public facebook page.

What really drew me to this book was all the different settings. I am a sucker for traveling. I really, and I mean badly want to travel the world. It was awesome to read about the girls experiences with other types of countries, and other types of boys. :P

If you are looking for a cute, flirty, and fun novel I would give it a shot! But remember it make take a few chapters to draw you in! So do not give up on it.


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a cute contemporary read. I'm sorry it took you a little while to get into the story but I'm glad you found a few things to like along the way.

    Next time I'm in the mood for a cute read I shall look for this one.

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really cute and fun! But I feel sorry for Izzy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book. Seems like this book will make me want to travel abroad ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make you want to travel places!

      Delete
  4. It wouldn't be so easy for me to put personal things like how many boys I've kissed online either...that's why I don't have a facebook :)

    Vy
    bbivip@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun book!
    chey127 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Still haven't had a chance to get my hands on this one yet!
    samjam@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love to hear from you. If you leave your blog link I will check it out! :)

Welcome to my blog!

Randy's Reads is mainly a YA book review blog. We also feature weekly memes, guest post, interviews, giveaways, and more. Look around, check out our giveaways, or read some reviews. Enjoy!

Recent Reviews


Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt




When I read Dystopian books, I either love them or hate them. Most of the time I just can not connect with the characters, and sometimes it's the setting. But with Revealing Eden I was completely captivated with the world Victoria created.

Steel by Carrie Vaughn




Time travel and pirates. These are two words that I love to hear! I have always love time travel, and pirates have always interested me. So finding this book was like finding a buried treasure! ( why yes, that was super cheesy, but I couldn't resist!) In fact a book I am writing now has to do with time travel. :D hehe!

The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Witaker




The Queen of Kentucky is a book that I, as a Kentucky native myself, could relate to. Being able to relate to the characters and the surroundings really made me enjoy this book. The Queen of Kentucky is one of those books that has such a great message.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi




As soon as I got this book I tore into it! I could not wait to read it! And once I started Under the Never Sky it never let my hand. :) This is by far one of my favorite dystopian novels that I have read this year! Veronica really surprised me with her debut! Think of Under the Never Sky as awesome as Angelfire, and if you know me at all then you know that this novel blew my socks off! it!

Authors, Publishers, and Agents!

I would love to review your work, hold contests, and/or interview you! Please refer to my Review Policy, before contacting me (Just to learn more). You can email me at:
horselovercutie@yahoo.com

Don't be afraid to contact me. I would love to hear from you!

Followers

Grab My Button!

My{reads}da

Follow Me!

Currently Reading


goodreads.com

The Talisman Street Team

The Sapphire Talisman

Books I Have To Review

Visitors Since July 6, 2011

Review Disclaimer

All reviews posted on 'Randy's Reads' are the truth on how I feel about the book. Receiving books from outside sources has no effect on my review.